It is possible to embed an assessment in Microsoft Word 2007 using the Visual Basic for Applications Web Browser control.
You will need to enable Macros for the assessment to be displayed.
Embedding an assessment in Word 2007
To embed an assessment in Microsoft Word 2007 complete the following steps:
- Open the Word document where you want to add the assessment.
- Select the Developer tab from the Microsoft ribbon.
- Click the Legacy Tools icon and select More Controls....
- In the More Controls window scroll down and locate the Microsoft Web Browser control and click OK.
- The Web Browser control will be added to the document, right click on the control and select Format Control....
- Select the Layout tab and choose what type of wrapping style you would like. For example: Square.
- Click OK.
- Resize the Web Browser control to the size you want it to display and place it in your desired location
- From the Developer tab on the Office ribbon click Visual Basic.
- Double click on the ThisDocument item in Project | Microsoft Word Objects folder.
- Enter the following code in the Microsoft Visual Basic window:
Private Sub Document_Open()
Me.WebBrowser1.Navigate "LINK TO ASSESSMENT"
...where LINK TO ASSESSMENT is replaced by the URL to call you assessment.
- Close the Microsoft Visual Basic window and make any final changes to your document.
- Click Save.
- From the Save as type drop-down list select Word Macro-Enabled Document (*.docm).
- Insert a name for the document in the File name textbox and click Save.
When opening the Word document, your readers will be presented with a security warning that they can irgnore.