It is important to note that embedding an assessment using the methods described below uses certain VBA controls. For your users to be able to see the content, you will need to ensure that they enable Macros when viewing the document.
Embedding an assessment in Excel 2007
To embed an assessment in Microsoft Excel 2007 complete the following steps:
- Open the Excel document where you want to add the assessment.
- Select the Developer tab from the Microsoft ribbon.
- Click the Insert Control icon and select More Controls....
- In the More Controls window scroll down and locate the Microsoft Web Browser control and click OK.
- Resize the Web Browser control to the size you want it to display and place it in your desired location.
- From the Developer tab on the Office ribbon click Visual Basic.
- Double-click on the ThisWorkbook item in VBAProject | Microsoft Excel Objects folder.
- Enter the following code in the Microsoft Visual Basic window:
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Sheet1.WebBrowser1.Navigate "LINK TO ASSESSMENT"
...where LINK TO ASSESSMENT is replaced by the URL to call you assessment.
- Close the Microsoft Visual Basic window and make any final changes to your document.
- Click Save.
- From the Save as type drop-down list select Excel Macro-Enabled Document (*.xlsm).
- Insert a name for the document in the File name text-box and click Save.
For an example of an Excel document with an embeded assessment, please refer to the link below:
Example Excel document with embedded assessment (LINK NEEDED!)
Please note that you will need to enable Macros before the assessment will be displayed.