Using the Questionmark Test Harness
The Test Harness is installed in the following default folder on your Perception server.
- Perception 5:
- C:\Program Files\Questionmark\Perception5\QMWISe\QMWISeTest
- Perception 4:
- C:\Program Files\Questionmark\Perception4\server\qmwise\QMWISeTest\
Launch the Test Harness by double-clicking on the file QMWISeTest.exe.
To see all the QMWISe web services in the Test Harness, click Show Methods. All the web services will be shown in the left-hand pane of the application.
This section provides information about how to:
- Update the configuration settings
- Test a web service method with the QMWISe Test Harness
Updating the configuration settings
If you have changed the configuration settings in Perception you must ensure that the QMWISe Test Harness is also updated to use the new settings. You can do this with the Test Harness by clicking Options | Security Settings.
To update the settings:
- First, type in the Name of a Perception administrator and then their Enterprise Manager Password.
- Then enter des as the Encoding
- Type in the Trusted key that is used in the configuration settings
- If you wish to save your settings in the Windows registry, tick Save settings in registry. (This will ensure that the Test Harness remembers the settings.)
Click OK and the internal file Web.config will be updated with the new configuration settings (see the section about the Web.config file for more details).
Testing a Web service method with the QMWISe Test Harness
To test one of the QMWISe web service methods:
- Select the QMWISe web service methods that you wish to test.
- Add the data you want to try in the Input Data tab.
- Click Invoke to run the web service method.
- Refer to the Soap Response tab to check information sent back by Perception.
- If you see a SOAP fault message, try viewing the request by click the Soap Request tab.
There is also a facility for using scripts to record tests that you perform and re-run them.