How do I work with Questionmark CSV files?
This page provides contains the following sections:
- Where can I get a template for the Questionmark CSV file?
- How do I create questions using the Questionmark CSV file template?
- Importing a CSV file into Authoring
A template is available to help create questions using the Questionmark CSV format. Download the template here.
The Questionmark CSV template is an Excel document made up of several worksheets. Only the first worksheet is actually used by Authoring. To create questions, the following is recommended:
- Copy the Blank questions table from Template examples worksheet to the Questions worksheet.
- Remove from the Questions worksheet any rows containing question types you don't intend to create.
- Fill in the required information (as described on the Templates examples worksheet) for each question type you are creating.
- Create any additional rows for further questions.
Once you've added all your questions to the Excel spreadsheet using the particular format for the question types, as indicated above, you'll need to save the file as a CSV file. To do this:
- From the File menu, click Save As.
- Select a location in which to save the CSV file.
- Enter a file name.
- From the drop-down list, select CSV UTF-8 (Comma delimited).
- Click Save.
The CSV file can now be imported into Authoring.
To import a Questionmark CSV file, follow the steps in Importing questions.