How do I work with Questionmark CSV files?
This page provides contains the following sections:
- Where can I get a template for the Questionmark CSV file?
- How do I create questions in the Questionmark CSV file template?
- Importing a CSV file into Authoring
A template is available to help create questions using the Questionmark CSV format. Download the template here.
The Questionmark CSV template is an Excel document made up of several worksheets. Only the first worksheet is actually used by Authoring. To create questions, the following is recommended:
- Copy the Blank questions table from Template examples worksheet to the Questions worksheet.
- Remove from the Questions worksheet any rows containing question types you don't intend to create.
- Fill in the required information (as described on the Templates Examples worksheet) for each question type you are creating.
- Create any additional rows for further questions.
Once you have added all the questions you want to create follow the steps below to create the necessary CSV file to import in to Authoring:
- Click File > Save as... (In Excel 2007, click the Office button > Save as...).
- Choose a location to save the file and enter a name for it in the File name field.
- From the Save as type drop-down list select CSV (Comma delimited) (*.csv).
- Click Save.
To import a Questionmark CSV file, follow the steps in Importing questions.