Uninstalling Perception Server
You can uninstall Perception Server by using the Windows Add/Remove Programs facility. The uninstall application removes:
- The Questionmark COM DLLs
- The Perception Server Start Menu short-cuts
- The Perception Presentation tier
All Perception Server files installed on your system except for a few data files which are retained in case you need them. Delete these manually if required
If any files were manually added to the Perception Server installation directory tree after Perception Server was installed, these will not be removed by the installer, nor will the directory tree in which they reside be removed. Most commonly, a file added to the Perception Server directory tree will be a new license file with a .qmlicense extension added to the \Perception5 directory.
In addition, the DSNs and web-shares created by the Perception Server installation program will not be removed by the uninstall application. You will need to remove these manually.
If your Perception Server installation referenced a repository in a SQL Server or Oracle database, the repository will not be removed by the uninstall application.
To uninstall Perception Server:
- Before starting the uninstall process, make sure that you perform a backup of any data or files that you want to keep. Files you may want to keep could include the Perception Server database (repository) files, template files that you have created, or any resources (graphics or multimedia) files that you have placed in the \resources directories.
- On the server where Perception Server is installed, open the Control Panel and then the run Add/Remove Programs.
- Select the entry for Perception Server and click Change/Remove.
- Click OK to confirm that you want to uninstall Perception Server.
- Once Perception Server has been uninstalled, open IIS and remove the Perception Server Web shares.
- Use the ODBC Administrator to remove the Perception Server system DSNs.
- Manually delete the remnants of the Perception Server installation directory tree.
Perception Server is now completely removed from your system.