If you encounter errors while installing Perception it is recommended that you:
- Check the Questionmark Support site for the latest information
- Contact Questionmark Technical Services
The following are some common errors found during installation or setup:
Following an error during the installation of Perception a message will be displayed by the installer application. The table below lists the possible errors and provides details about each.
|Error 1603||This is a general error for details about the cause of this error refer to the installer log files.|
|Out of disk space||This error is reported when the installer has detected that not enough disk space is available to install Perception adequately.|
In addition to the error messages reported an error log will also be created. The error log is stored in the Temporary Windows System Folder. The installer errors will be logged in a file called:
To view the installer error log or send it to Questionmark Technical Support:
- Click the Start button
- Select Run
- Enter %TEMP% in the Open text-box
- Click OK
This will open up Windows Explorer in the Temporary folder registered for Windows. Locate the log file(s) with the name stated above.
Please refer to the following Knowledge Base articles if you are receiving similar problems when running Enterprise Manager:
- When I try to access Enterprise Manager I get an ASP.NET error message. What should I do?
- Why do I get a 'page cannot be displayed' message relating to an ASP 0131 (Parent Paths) error?
- Enterprise Manager will not start, the problem seems to be with ASPNET or .Net Framework. What can I do?
If you have installed Perception in a multi-tiered environment or a Load Balanced environment you may occasionally come across an issue where a participant attempting to take an assessment is presented with a 50201 error screen.
This error is usually caused by a mis-match of times between the QPLA and QABS tiers or between the Load Balanced instances of Perception. To resolve this issue ensure that the servers are:
- Setup the server to use UTC
- Or, have the servers setup with the same time and in the same time zone
For further information, please refer to the following Knowledge Base article: