Setting application pools to use 'Classic' mode
Perception Server uses application pools. An application pool is a group of one or more URLs that are served by a worker process or set of worker processes of a web application. Perception uses up to 4 application pools because of its multi-tiered architecture. The application pools are called:
- Questionmark.QMWISe - Only available if you have setup QMWISe
In Windows Vista, 7, Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2 the application pools created by the installer will need to be setup to work in 'Classic' mode. In most instances this will automatically be done by the installer. However, you may want to check to ensure that this is the case and that the Application Pools have not been assigned as 'Integrated'.
Follow the instructions below for information about how check and change the application pools:
- Launch IIS (Right click on the IIS Manager icon and click Run as administrator, enter a user name and password, if required)
- Select your server from the list of available server
- Click View Application Pools from Actions menu on the right
- Check the mode for each application pool in the Managed Pipeline Mode column
If any need changing:
- Select the application pool
- Click Set Application Pool Defaults...
- Select Classic from the Managed Pipeline Mode drop-down list
- Click OK