Running the installer
The Authoring Manager install program is available from the Questionmark Communities Web site. Once it has been downloaded onto the target machine, the install program can be run by double-clicking the install program icon.
If you are upgrading from an earlier version of Authoring Manager, please refer to Upgrading Authoring Manager before running the install program.
To install Authoring Manager:
- You must be logged in to Windows as a user with administrative privileges or you must know the necessary administrator user names and passwords to grant access for the installer. If you do not have these privileges, you will not be permitted to install Authoring Manager. In Windows Vista/7 you will be prompted to enter the username and password of an administrative user before you will be able to continue.
- Enter your administrator details and click Yes.
- The install program requires you to enter a password before it will install Authoring Manager. This should have been sent to you by email. Please contact Questionmark if you have not received this email. Enter the password for the installer and click OK.
- Follow the on screen instructions and accept the End-User License Agreement.
- Choose a locations where you would like to install Authoring Manager and the Repository files and then follow the on screen instructions.
- The Licensing Wizard will open, taking you through the steps necessary to license your copy of Authoring Manager. Enter your Email address and Organization
If you are installing Authoring Manager for the first time, your copy will be authorized for 30 days.
However, if Authoring Manager has already been installed on your machine more than 30 days previously, your copy will not be authorized and you will need to register a new license before Authoring Manager will run.
Refer to Registering Authoring Manager for information on registering a new license.
- The Authoring Manager installer will finish installing the remaining files and you will be prompted once it has finished.