Notes about this install guide
Questionmark Perception 5.4 is an enterprise-level assessment management system and, as such, includes all the complexities of installing and maintaining as most other enterprise systems. If your organization does not have sufficiently qualified database and system administrators, please consider using the Certified Installation solution available from Questionmark. This service can be made available for:
For more information, please refer to:
This page includes the following sections:
- What's new in Perception 5.4?
- How is this guide organized?
- Who is the audience for this install guide?
- Security information
For information about what is new in Perception 5.4, please refer to the following Knowledge Base article for details:
For a list of known issues with Perception 5.4, please refer to the following Knowledge Base article for details:
This guide is organized into several sections and is designed to provide information on how to:
- Create a single-server of Perception environment
- Create a load-balanced installation of Perception environment
- Create a multi-tiered installation of Perception environment
- Upgrade from Perception 5.1 and 5.2
- Upgrade from a previous version of Perception (like Perception 4 or Perception 3)
To view the recommended information for each of the above scenarios, please view the corresponding section in the left-hand table of contents.
This guide provides you with the information necessary to install Questionmark Perception 5.4 in your organization's IT environment. It is designed for IT specialists and application administrators and expects that the people carrying out the tasks described in this guide are familiar with the concepts of installation and configuration of server software applications.
For information on various aspects of the security of Perception and actions you can take to ensure it is secure, please refer to the following section of this guide: