Assessments can be printed in Word or HTML form for participants to take on paper rather than online. In this way, assessments can be printed and taken on paper, the answers also printed out, and the scoring then performed manually. A more sophisticated means of delivering assessments on paper, however, is to use Questionmark's Printing and Scanning solution. Using Printing and Scanning, assessments created in Perception can be printed and delivered on paper. The assessment results can then be scanned and uploaded to the Perception database for reporting.
Printing and Scanning works as follows:
- An assessment can be printed out from Authoring Manager onto paper using one of the Microsoft Word template files supplied with Perception
- Participants then take the assessment and submit their responses by marking OMR (Optical Mark Recognition) bubble sheets. An example OMR bubble sheet is displayed below.
- The bubble sheets are scanned, and the response data is read by the third-party scanning software
- The scanning software produces an Assessment Data File in CSV (Comma Separated Value) ASCII text format suitable for uploading to Perception
- Data from this file is uploaded to the Perception database, and the responses can be analyzed using Enterprise Reporter in Enterprise Manager
For more information on Questionmark's Printing and Scanning solution, please refer to the Printing and Scanning area of the Questionmark web site.