How can I embed the Analytics portlet in SharePoint 2010?
This article provides instructions about how you can embed the Questionmark Analytics portlet within a SharePoint page.
To embed a portlet in SharePoint 2010, you will need to use the Page View Web Part. This Web Part is installed by default in SharePoint 2010. Embedding an Analytics portlet in SharePoint involves:
- Getting the Analytics URL
- Setting up the Page View Web Part on a page in SharePoint
- Modifying the Page View Web Part to use the Analytics URL
To get the Analytics URL, navigate to the Analytics page and refer to How does a shared portlet work? section of this product guide. Follow the instructions for Sharing a portlet with someone.
Once you have the URL, you need to add the Page View Web Part to a page.
To do this:
- Navigate to the page where you want to embed Analytics.
- Select the Page tab.
- Click Edit Page.
- Click Add a Web Part.
- Navigate to the Media and Content category and select the Page Viewer Web Part.
- From the Add Web Part to drop-down list, select a location and click Add.
- Click the open the tool pane link.
- In the Link field, enter the Analytics URL you collected earlier.
- Open the Appearance menu and insert a valid Height (for example, 500 pixels).
- Click OK to make the changes.
- Click Stop Editing and return to your SharePoint site as a normal user.
This should now show an embedded Analytics window in SharePoint 2010.
If you access your SharePoint site from a computer where you have never logged in to Questionmark before, or your cookie has expired, you will be shown the following Login button.
Refer to the How does a shared portlet work? section of this product guide for information about logging in.