Downloading a license
To download a license file you must be the Root Manager or Senior Administrator on your Perception system. There are two methods for downloading a license file. These are:
- Downloading a new or extended evaluation license file
- Manually retrieving a license if your Perception system does not have access to the Internet
To download a new or extended evaluation license:
- Log in to Enterprise Manager as the Root Manager user
If you have not yet changed them, use the default name Manager and the password Secret to log in.
- Click Update License
- Click Download New License
- The Questionmark Communities login screen is displayed
- Log in to Questionmark Communities. If you have not yet registered for a Communities account, click Register
Questionmark Communities is the system that identifies you with Questionmark, and you use the same login details as you would normally use to download software and access the Product Support site.
If this screen is not displayed, Enterprise Manager was unable to download the license file from the Questionmark Licensing Server. Refer to Manually retrieving a License.
- Are associated with more than one possible license to download because your organization has more than one license, you are given a choice of which license to download. Please ensure that you download the correct license. Contact your System Administrator if you are not sure about which license to download.
- Are not associated with an appropriate license, a warning message will be displayed and Questionmark will contact you to discuss an extension license. You can also contact Questionmark directly, or associate yourself with a license by using Authoring Manager if you already know the license ID.
- Details of the replacement license are displayed. If you are satisfied that you want to download the license file, click Proceed
A replacement license file will be downloaded to the Perception Server license file directory, and the existing license file will be replaced. The license applies to all parts of Perception Server, including:
- The participant-facing software
- The Shared Repository Manager
- The Shared Repository Service
- Activate your license file. For instructions on how to do this, refer to Activating your license file
If your server does not have a connection to the Internet, then Enterprise Manager isn't able to download the license file directly to the server. In this case, you see a screen similar to the one below:
- Send an email to Questionmark to ask for your license file to be emailed to you
To do this:
- Click Send an email to Questionmark to ask for your license file
- Click Proceed
Your Email application will start and, if you have an active email service, you can send the email. Questionmark will then email your license file back to you.
If you don't have an active email service on your server, you can send an email message using another PC to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include any relevant details in your email. Questionmark will reply with an email with an attached license file. You should then save the license file to the \Program Files\Questionmark\Perception5\server folder.
- Paste in the license file that has been emailed to you
To do this:
- Click Paste in license details received by email from Questionmark in the box below
- Locate and open the email that Questionmark has sent
- Locate and copy the entire license file
- Paste the license file into the text box
- Click Proceed
The process of downloading your license file is complete. Now you need to activate your license file.
Proceed to the next section Activating a license file.