If you do not want PIP to be available in Questionmark, you can disable it by making a change to Questionmark's configuration. To do this, follow the appropriate steps below.
OnDemand and OnPremise
- Log in to the Questionmark portal as a user with administrative permissions.
- Go to Administration > Server Management > Server Settings.
- In the Security Settings section, select the Disable PIP option.
- Click Save and Exit.
PIP will now be disabled and any attempt to launch an assessment with a call to session.php using PIP will be responded to with an Access Denied message.
- Log in to Enterprise Manager as an administrator who has rights to access the Server Settings screen.
- On the Server Settings screen, check Disable PIP.
- Click the link to Save and Exit.
- Confirm that you want to make the changes by clicking OK in the pop-up box.
PIP will now be disabled and any attempt to launch an assessment with a call to session.php using PIP will be responded to with an Access Denied message and an entry in the Perception log file will show:
PIP request denied. PIP is disabled.