AVD8. Uninstall Perception
You can uninstall Perceptionby using the Windows Add/Remove Programs feature in Windows. The uninstall application removes:
- The Questionmark COM DLLs
- The Perception Server Start Menu shortcuts
- The Perception Presentation tier
All Perception files installed on your system will be removed, except for a few data files which are retained in case you need them. Delete these manually if required.
If any files were manually added to the Perception installation directory tree, after Perception Server was installed, these will not be removed by the installer, nor will the directory tree in which they reside be removed. Most commonly, a file added to the Perception directory tree will be a new license file with a .qmlicense extension added to the \Perception5 directory. In addition, the DSNs and web shares created by the Perception installation program will not be removed by the uninstall application. You will need to remove these manually.
If your Perception installation referenced a repository in a SQL Server or Oracle database, the repository will not be removed by the uninstall application.
To uninstall Perception Server:
- Before starting the uninstall process, make sure that you perform a backup of any data or files that you want to keep. Files you may want to keep could include the Perception database (repository) files, template files that you have created, or any resources (graphics or multimedia) files that you have placed in the \resources\ directories.
- On the server where Perception is installed, open the Control Panel, and under Programs, select Uninstall a program
- Select the entry for Perception Server and click Uninstall
- Click Yes to confirm that you want to uninstall Perception
- Once Perception has been uninstalled, open IIS and remove the Perception web shares
- Use the ODBC Administrator to remove the Perception Server system DSNs
- Manually delete the remnants of the Perception installation directory tree
Perception is now completely removed from your system.