Accessing the Results API using Tableau
You can download Tableau from the following location:
Once Tableau is installed, to connect to the Results API:
- Open Tableau.
- Click Connect to data.
- Click OData. The OData Connection window opens.
- In Tableau, you cannot just connect to the whole of the Results API like in PowerPivot, so you have to specify a specific feed to which to connect. Each Results API feed must be added individually to Tableau. Enter the URL of the individual feed you want to add in the Step 1: Select or enter a URL field. For instance, to add the Participants feed for an OnDemand account, you would enter https://ondemand.questionmark.com/<customer ID>/odata/Participants/ into the field.
- Select Use a Username and Password from "Step 2: Enter authentication information" and enter the username and password for a user with reporting permissions for the Questionmark account you are trying to access. the result data for
- Click Connect to test the connection to the Results API.
- If the connection is successful, you will be able to give the connection a name for use in Tableau.
- Click OK to retrieve all of the result data from the feed to Tableau.
Once you have added all the Results API feeds you desire, you can create reports in Tableau with that data. For information on creating reports in Tableau, please refer to the appropriate documentation: