21. Launch Enterprise Manager and start the ETL service
Once the database links have been successfully created, you will be shown a success screen and a button that you can click to enter Enterprise Manager for the first time.
The URL for Enterprise Manager will follow the format below:
...where <server_name> is the name of the server or domain that you entered as the portal address in step 17 (Configure the environment).
...where <shared_repository_name> is the name of the shared repository you created in step 18 (Create the shared repository).
To finish the installation process, you need to start and ensure that the ETL service is running. Click the section below to expand it.
Although unsupported by Questionmark, if you are using a non-English version of Windows Server 2008 (or R2), please refer to the ADV10. Using a non-English version of Windows Server 2008 for information on some settings that must be edited for the ETL service to function correctly.
Once you have finished installing and configuring the Perception, you need to ensure that the ETL service has started. To start the ETL service:
- Log into the machine where the ETL service is installed as an administrative user (in this multi-tiered installation, this is your ETL Services Server server)
- Click Start
- In the Search for programs and files text-box, enter services.msc and press Enter on your keyboard
- Locate the Questionmark.ETL.Scheduler.Service service
- Right-click on it and select Properties
- Make sure the Startup type is set to Automatic
- Under Service status, click Start and ensure the Service status entry changes to Started
- Click OK to close the dialog window
With the ETL service now started, result data will be:
- Extracted from your shared repository database
- Transformed in the temporary ETL database into the proper format for Questionmark Analytics
- Loaded in to the Results Warehouse database so that Analytics can access it
This process will happen every 3 hours by default.
If you want to change the frequency of the ETL service, please refer to the following Knowledge Base article for instructions:
Congratulations, you have now installed and configured Perception! Optionally, you can also configure Perception to use SSL and restrict access to Perception, as well as register Perception. For information on further post-configuration, such as setting up Perception to run from behind a firewall or configuring the SMTP service, see the Advanced information and Appendix sections of this install guide, respectively.
To configuring the File Upload question type in your multi-tiered environment, please refer to:
To configure the firewall rules in your multi-tiered installation, please refer to: